Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Obsidian

Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Obsidian By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publishing Company: Entangled Teen
Genre: Young Adult- Science Fiction> Aliens
Pages: 299
Release Date: May 8th 2012
Rating:


Summary:

Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy Internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is. -
Goodreads

Review:

Looking at the cover of Obsidian I knew there was going to be a major hottie in it. I mean just look at those green eyes, and that black hair...I could go on and on about Daemon, trust me. The only thing I don't care for on the cover is how Katy's arm looks a little odd. The coloring and the muscle just look strange.

After devouring the first 5 chapters I already knew that I could relate to Katy. She was witty, sharp-tongued and just bad ass as some parts. The whole time I was reading Obsidian all I could like was "Wow, Katy has balls." The way she stands up for herself was really admirable.Katy was a strong character, but she is human, there for she isn't perfect. While with Daemon, I couldn't help but blush while she was blushing, and this is rare for me, because I normally dont get into books.

As I said before Daemon is a total hottie, but he defiantly has some flaws. Being a jerk is probably the biggest flaw of all. That said he also could be very deep, and sweet(sometimes). Daemon was a very complex and complicated character.  He definitely made the story light, and playful.

I think the whole plot was very interesting, and unique. I had never read an Alien book, so I honestly have no clue what to expect going into it. I always try to guess what was going to happen in the books I read, but for this book I honestly was surprised through out the book. Now I cant wait for OPAL! :D




7 comments:

  1. Great review!! I absolutely LOVE that cover, too! Unfortunately, Entangled doesn't have any ARCs of Onyx but I DID get considered for the mailing list!!! :) I really wish I could have Onyx though since my mom will refuse buying it for me -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! :D Dont worry when Aug. rolls around Im sure there is going to be a TON of giveaways for it! LOL :D i might do a giveaway for it to... :D cause omg i just loved the 1st! :D you can see that

      Delete
  2. I need to finally read this. I've heard such great things about it but I worry I won't love Daemon like everyone else. I'm not into jerks. Stopping by from the follow friday feature. YAY for Team Shay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i'm a new follower :).
    That's a great review ! I LOVED this book so much! You should also read Shadows the prequel novella to the lux series if you haven't read it :). And you should also read Jennifer L Armentrout other seriesThe Covenant because it's an awesome series as well :).
    I can't wait to read the second book now !
    Oh Daemon <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I have a copy of this one on my shelf and I really need to read it. It sounds like my kind of book! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful review!! And OMG I completely love this book! It has became my personal bible <3 <3 And he - my pefect guy to find in a real life ;) :P

    ReplyDelete