Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Evolution of Mara Dyer #2

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
The Evolution Of Mara Dyer

By: Michelle Hodkin 

Published: October 23, 2012
Pages: 528
Rating: 

UNDECLARED 


Summary:


The truth about Mara Dyer's dangerous and mysterious abilities continues to unravel in the New York Times bestselling sequel to the thrilling The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.She can't. She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren't. She couldn't imagine that after everything she's been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets. She's wrong. In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?Goodreds.com

Review:
   
   My head is still reeling from this book! I honestly haven't decided if I love it or hate it. It kept me guessing, and entertained, I just question if it left too much in the dark. I had high hopes for this book, due to the fact that the first book was amazing, in my opinion. I just don't think the second book followed the first book like I was expecting...

   I guess my biggest problem with this book, was the fact that I didn't feel like the plot was progressing very much. The structure of it didn't make too much sense. It seems like it just kind of got more confusing and more layered. I had so many thoughts, and questions that were left completely unanswered.


   I'm not the type of girl that has to have a book with a bunch of romance, but I was a little disappointed with there being hardly any Noah. Noah Hot Shaw was kind of like a ghost in the book to be honest. Which I guess is okay because there was other matters at hand, but I feel like there maybe could have been some other action. It seemed the whole book was wrapped up so tightly over one thing, and literally nothing else. 


   As I have said before, I haven't officially decided what I think of the book, on one hand I was totally hooked, and couldn't put the book down, but on the other hand I had issues with the plot base. If any of you have read this book, I would love to hear about y'alls opinions!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment